Sunday, February 9, 2014

Writing my speech

This week I wanted to just work on my speech because I feel like I am a little behind on that. I want to get the point across that time management is key to happiness for a few reasons. Without this project, this assignment almost, I would not have been able to be so happy with myself. This project is like my excuse to do something that I really enjoy. I love comic books and I love the movies and the characters and the background of everything and to be able to almost live that and create something that great artists and comic book writers are able to do.  There was no movie without the original comic, that's why I love doing this, it's the original. I've always been bad at drawing, or at least I've been told, even by myself that I am. My very first drawing in my notebook was a house. It was absolutely awful! But then I tried again, except something more complicated. Like the Taj Mahal,  possibly the most difficult drawing architecturally but I thought it turned out awesome. The best part about all of this is that know I could do something that I was always told I really couldn't do, made it that much better.

As I continue with my blog posts I'll keep adding parts to my speech and updates on how my comic is coming.

1 comment:

  1. Garrett,

    It's great to hear how your comic is coming along, and the life lessons that this project has taught you. We're always pressed for time with too many things to do, and it's not often that we pick to spend our time on the thing we enjoy the most. I think it's great that this project has taught you time management - that's a great life skill to learn about especially at your age! I'd love to see more pictures of the progress of your comic book (like in your last post) as it comes to life.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete