Sunday, March 2, 2014

The meaning of 20 Time Post #19

      The time in the last five months, in regard of 20 Time have been incredibly good.  The reasons for this being is what I have learned.  I think the best part of 20 Time has been the learning experiences I get from doing it.  The joy of getting the opportuninty to learn how to do different things like creating my own character and plot is spectacular.  Not just happiness from being able to learn about making an original comic, but also that of teaching myself the responsibilities.  However, that is also what is my least favorite part.  I love working on my comic book, however I don't think that 20 Time is for everybody.  A lot of people don't know what they really want to do, even if they got every Friday for a year to work on it.  I know, for me personally, coming up with my 20 Time idea was a struggle and it took me a couple weeks to figure out what I was going to commit to and another few months to come up with my plot, characers, etc.
      Even though I am extremely happy to where I am at today, I would have definitely changed a few things to get here.  Probably the biggest thing I would've changed would have been spending so much time on developing my plot.  I wish I would've spent more time on drawing my characters, backgrounds, and common day objects.  I also wish I had gotten my comic book making kit because even though it is a little bit of a shortcut, I am much more happy knowing I'll be able to make my own book with just the assistance of a computer.

1 comment:

  1. Garrett - It's great to see you being reflective about your experience with 20 time. It seems like even though it wasn't the best experience for you, you still gained something from it, which I imagine is your teacher's point. Am I going to be able to see your final project? Will you get to post your comic on your blog? I'd love to see it. Be confident in your final product, although I have to admit it's probably more about the journal than the end result.

    ReplyDelete