Sunday, April 6, 2014

What am I going to talk about? Post #21

      As my blog followers know, I have stopped the production on my comic book  until the speech has been completed and spoken.  I do plan on continuing writing and creating my comic books after I present my speech, but I think there is far too much to talk about and share with my followers and I really want to get all of that down before I move on with my project.  Before, I wanted to primarily focus on how the student should be the imaginative one and how it is their job to break through what society has to say but then I realized that it is not all up to the child, but even maybe more so the adult. It is difficult for a young one to stand up to the larger society. That's what I want to focus on now, to challenge the adults to enhance and embrace this kind of thinking instead of putting it down, so for the next three weeks I am going to focus more on that part of the speech.

1 comment:

  1. Garrett - I'd love to see some drafts of your speech! I'm curious what you mean by "challenging the adults to enhance and embrace this kind of thinking instead of putting it down." Do you mean teachers in school, or parents? And what kind of thinking are you talking about? I just want to make sure you're clear in your explanation, especially for those of us who aren't comic book gurus.

    ReplyDelete